PR Account Executive
RIESTER is seeking results-driven and self-motivated Account Executive to work daily with clients and news media outlets in conjunction with internal teams. As a member of the Public Relations team, the successful candidate is an innovative leader and motivated self-starter who is creative, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and can do so effectively in a fast-paced environment and will be instrumental in executing the agency’s media relations strategy. In addition, RIESTER is looking for a candidate who is passionate and knowledgeable about trends in the lifestyle, social publicity and digital communication.
- 5 years experience in a public relations role, including agency, corporate or community-based organization environment
- An ability to create and manage communication programs for a variety of industries
- Ability to think creatively about brand content regardless of platform.
- Knowledge and comfort using social media platforms to generate brand awareness
- Ability to monitor new media trends and to provide POV to internal teams
- A passion for media relations outreach: writing story pitches, news releases and the ability to generate original story angles on an on-going basis
- Strong written communication skills
- Press materials
- Presentation (creation in PowerPoint or Keynote)
- Social networking writing (posts, blogs, video captions, photo captions etc.)
- Email communication writing (subject lines, headline, body copy)
- Plan writing
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders, from members of the news media to bloggers and social media influencers etc.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and the ability to easily multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience in developing and writing public relations plans that achieve short-term and long-term objectives
- Ability to collaborate with digital teams to leverage website development and initiatives to achieve public relations goals.
- Strong project management skills
- Problem-solving; original-thinking; roll-up-your sleeves spirit with the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with software programs like Cision, Meltwater
- Versed in Word, Excel, Keynote, PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree in a related field is required
- Ability to work under pressure in time sensitive environments on multiple client accounts simultaneously
- Possible travel, depending on the client’s needs
- Build and maintain positive and engaging relationships with media (print, broadcast, online, blogs, consumer, mainstream, urban, tech and trade press)
- Anticipate PR challenges and proactively provide recommended plan of action to move publicity campaigns forward
- Contribute to PR strategy for special events and create unique tactics to build buzz with media
- Conduct outreach to secure dynamic, multi-platform press and media partnerships on behalf of clients
- Writing press materials.
- Writing planning materials.
- PR plan creation, fulfillment and execution.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to research, assess and access resources.
- On-going development of original story ideas and pitches.
- Daily regional and national news media outreach and relationship management.
- Industry trends monitoring and ability to apply findings into tangible action for Clients.
- Collaboration and contribution to strategic planning.
- Collaborate with all disciplines within the Agency.
- Daily Client management (phone calls, documentation etc.)
- Privately owned, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in Los Angeles and Salt Lake. This position is located in Phoenix.
- Competitive benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k,paid holidays, vacation & more
- Unique, legendary culture
- Fun, fast paced work environment
RIESTER has been motivating people to become passionate about and get involved with issues that matter. These roots as Brand Activists TM remain the foundation of our business today. Creating and believing in our client’s purpose, and caring about the sustainability of their brand’s success, has led RIESTER to become one of the largest independent advertising and public relations firms on the Western United States. Today, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to help businesses address important challenges in today’s vastly changing world.
Interested? APPLY NOW_PR
NO CALLS PLEASE, EOE